Sunday, July 13, 2014

Our European Adventure - Poland (Part I)

We are back from 2 beautiful weeks in Europe.  It was a wonderful trip and I have so many pictures and stories to share. I apologize for the multiple posts and length of posts in advance but I promise that they will be well worth it!


Wow, where do I start? Let me first start by saying that Poland was more beautiful than any picture I have seen. There is such a rich history and am so lucky to have been able to go.

We first boarded the plane in Chicago with the Polish airlines LOT. I was nervous about the 9 1/2 hour flight to Warsaw since this was my first big flight abroad. When I walked on the plane, I was pleasantly surprised. I watched a movie, ate dinner and breakfast, had my favorite chocolate from Poland, and slept the majority of the time. The only downfall was that my feet were swollen like a pregnant lady.

When we finally landed, we went through customs and finally got to grandma. There were hugs and kisses galore. We went back to grandmas and had some bitki and mountain cake. We were happy campers and went to bed for the next 12 hours. The time change definitely took its toll on us.

On Monday, we ventured out to see Warsaw. The weather wasn't too cooperative but we were able to see many of the sights by car. We did get a chance to walk around Old Warsaw Square and have a beer. Nothing like some good old day drinking with grandma.


Grandma and I in an old church in Warsaw

Tomb of the Unkown Soldier

Grandma and Jakub with the Polish National Stadium in the distance

Old Warsaw Square

Old Warsaw Square



On Tuesday, we headed south to Krakow. To say that this city was beautiful is a complete understatement. We went around the old square and up to the old castle. One of Jake's family friends was kind enough to give us a tour of the city. He was very knowledgeable and we got to know the in and the outs of the city. The weather was beautiful which made for some great photos. This is definitely a place that should be on everyone's bucket list.


Church in Krakow

Krakow Square

Inside Wawel Castle in Krakow

Wawel Castle

M

No comments:

Post a Comment