Thursday, April 3, 2014

USA vs. Mexico

I know, two blogs in 3 days.  Things are getting crazy!  On a serious note, Jake and I attended the United States vs. Mexico soccer game on Wednesday.  It was at University of Phoenix Stadium (where the Arizona Cardinals play) and I'm not sure that I was entirely prepared for what I witnessed.

Let me start off by saying I know nothing about soccer other than there is a World Cup every few years and it is referred to football in most other countries.  This might surprise some because I have such a love for sports but I just can't get into it.  Watching live is definitely different than watching on TV....times 1,000!

Jake and I dressed in our red, white, and blue and he even got me a USA scarf.  We had great seats and only about 18 rows from the field.  I'm pretty sure the USA fans were out numbered 3 to 1 by the Mexican fans.  We were surrounded.  The atmosphere was pumping and it was time for kickoff.  USA scored 2 goals in the first half and went into halftime up 2-0.  Mexico came out in the second half and scored 2 themselves. All 4 of the goals were on the end where we were sitting so that was pretty cool to see. The game ultimately ended up with a final score of 2-2.


We left around the 80' mark just in case things got crazy.  Lets just say the Mexico fans were fully "hydrated" by this point (with beer, not water) and it was a crazy scene.  Every time Mexico scored, they would throw their full glasses of beer and buckets of popcorn in the air.  We weren't really in the mood for a beer shower nor did we want to get stuck in the middle of a fight.....especially with the lovely USA fans that were in front of us.


Overall, we had a great time and I would definitely attend a live game again.  Who knows? I could be a closet soccer fan and not even know it!

M


No comments:

Post a Comment